Digital Rights & Licensing Specialist
Nearpod is seeking a Digital Rights and Licensing Specialist to manage permissions and licensing for all digital assets used in Nearpod’s K-12 and Professional Development content products.
Key duties will include all aspects of tracking, analysis and governance for all media assets including photos, illustrations, videos, sounds, animations, music, text, fonts, etc. This role will be an integral part of the content development and maintenance processes, collaborating closely with the legal and production team to track licenses and process licenses for existing and new content products.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITiES:
- Serve as a project manager for digital rights management efforts
- Collaborate with the Sr. Director of Content Strategy, Director of Content Development, and Sr. Manager of Publishing to design and implement scalable rights management procedures
- Create and maintain a permissions database, ensuring accuracy and scalability
- Provide internal and external support for obtaining rights, permissions, and licenses
- Collaborate with legal and production teams to ensure rights requests and processes are following in alignment with the company IP policies
- Support negotiations and agreements with content providers in collaboration with leadership and legal team
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- 3-5 years experience in publishing, rights management, and/or project management
- Preferred: A minimum of 2 years experience managing permissions and rights clearance
- Knowledge of copyright laws, fair use, and public domain materials, in addition to experience with publishing contracts and rights permissions
- Strong communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills, with an ability to multitask
- Passion for improving education, specifically through technology
- Working knowledge of Google Docs, Drive, Excel, and Dropbox
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Thrives in a dynamic, entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS: Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without restrictions.