Customer Experience Specialist
Flocabulary is a rapidly-growing edtech company with traction in more than 60,000 K-12 schools. We have proven our model and bootstrapped our way to significant revenue, and we’ve never lost sight of our mission to transform teaching and learning in K-12 schools by building a fun and engaging learning platform that inspires students of all backgrounds. To help fuel our growth, Flocabulary is seeking a Customer Experience Specialist to ensure that our customers have an outstanding experience using Flocabulary.
Who You Are
You’re somebody with:
- Great empathy for the challenges K-12 teachers face in their daily work.
- A creative and organized approach to your work. You can follow a process well but also know when it’s appropriate to propose changes.
- Excellent customer support skills - including the ability to be empathetic, clear and concise, responsive, resourceful, conscientious and polite.
- Excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to evaluate, troubleshoot and resolve customer issues.
- A categorical mind. You love organizing heaps of information into clear categories and will naturally pick out trends while you do it.
- The ability to communicate effectively between sales, customer success, customer experience and IT.
- Strong technical skills and an impeccable attention to detail.
- A love of solving problems, learning new things and making customers happy.
- Help schools and districts use Flocabulary, including:
- Responding quickly and effectively to customer support tickets via email, phone, and any other customer experience technology we employ
- Resolving customer issues promptly, professionally, and compassionately
- Escalating issues when appropriate and monitoring resolution
- Logging and maintaining information across systems
- Utilize, maintain and manage internal case management software
- Maintain and contribute to FAQ’s and other support documentation
- Improve customer experiences using Flocabulary, including:
- Detecting support ticket trends and problem areas
- Ensuring process changes are implemented and effective
- Collecting and organizing feedback from our current customers and clearly communicate feedback to appropriate colleague
- Outlining and implementing customer experience process improvement recommendations
- Working with our development team to resolve bugs, improve the support process, and improve our product
- Work with our sales and customer success teams to provide technical expertise
- Serve effectively as customer facing point of contact to ensure that the Flocab customer experience is of the highest possible quality
Skills & Qualifications
- Experience in customer support or account management
- Experience in a customer facing role
- Classroom teaching experience is a plus
- Great instincts for what to try in order to resolve technical issues
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- A solid conceptual understanding of how a web application works
- A four year degree
Some benefits and perks of working at Flocabulary
- Competitive salary
- Fully paid medical, vision, and dental insurance for full time employees and employer contribution toward dependent care
- Employer paid Health Savings Account (HSA) to offset the deductible
- Flexible time off and parental leave policies
- Retirement savings plan (401k) with partial company match
- Health & wellness stipend
- Weekly company sponsored workouts by the water
- Quarterly team outings
- Dynamic office in Dumbo, Brooklyn (with views of the skyline and easy access to the waterfront)